To a legendary Lindsey

Posted by K on 1:08 PM

littleBiGsis

It’s the last week of the term and officially the last week of first year lectures. It flew by I must say and it seems as if just yesterday I was waving goodbye to my hometown friends and my family. Yet here I am looking back at a year full of ups and downs, lows and highs.

I don’t know about you guys but I was not a fan of most of my tutorials, not that preparing extra work for a majority of patronising older tutors wasn’t a thrill. So when I actually found myself looking forward to my journ tut, I wondered what the difference was.

The answer to that question was our legendary tutor. Ask anyone in our tut and I’m pretty sure they’ll share my sentiments. It wasn’t just the smarties (all though that was an added bonus) and useful advice on our work. It was because she generally seemed to worry about us and wanted to know how we were doing. She was never too strict or too lenient and struck a balance with us. I wanted to do my work and to engage with what became an awesome tut group full of individuals (shoot me now for my sentimentality).

Yes I sound cheesy but I seriously would like to say thanks to a tutor who effected my year and my choice to carry on with journ. Thanks and all the best.

2 comments:

Comment by Anonymous on October 22, 2008 at 5:04 AM

Lindsey is awesome :) She's just so happy and nice and down-to-earth... best tutor ever!

 
Comment by Berry on October 23, 2008 at 2:38 AM

Ah Kirstin! Thanks so much for this *blush* :D :D
You completely made my day!
And I loved tutoring you guys this year... what a privilege :D