Lets tear people down

Posted by K on 4:38 AM

I was speaking to some people in my journ tutorial the other day and they were quite upset. The reason being was that people had been leaving less than flattering comments on their posts. At the time I didn't think much of it, until I got one such comment on my post.

Let me just inform the people out there who do not know what a comment is. A comment is not a chance to tear down someone elses work but to admire and give constructive criticism, not merely freak out and say how stupid their piece was. We're all journ students doing our best to write about stuff we find important and it really is uncool to make someone else feel as if they are inadequate.

Seriously if you want to bad mouth, criticise and make fun of people you are doing the wrong course. Make peace not war. So thanks to the people who have generally put an effort into helping people out with their posts and to the people who couldn't be bothered to say a nice thing, I wonder how far you will go in life? Yeah ok this is journalism, it's a dog eat dog world but lets show a little compassion. Ever wonder why the world is the way it is, I'm guessing there are a lot of selfish people out there, so catch a wake up and lets be positive.

0 comments: